Los Angeles is a wonderful place to live—most of the time. (That’s part of the thing about living in LA—just like New Yorkers with New York, Angelinos can complain about their city all day long, but no one else can.) You have the Theatre District, great food, great shopping, and all the thrills that come with living in one of the most saturated cities on Earth. Still, it’s hot. Living in LA means getting a good, strong fan. Is the Vornado 184 Tower Circulator such a fan? Let’s take a look.
Before we review the pros and cons of the Vornado 184, here’s a quick peek at just the raw specifications:
- The Vornado utilizes “V-Flow Technology,” the practical upshot of which being that the unit provides a circulation of the air in a room.
- The Vornado 184’s motor is capable of moving air at an efficiency of up to 500 cubic feet per minute; likewise, it can influence air up to 100 feet.
- This model also features a crosscut outlet which allows for a wide space of constant airflow, thus rendering a potentially-flimsy oscillating base obsolete.
- The base that the Vornado 184 does feature is sturdy and engineered for stability.
- The whole unit measures 11 x 11 x 41 inches, and weighs 12.6 pounds (50 pounds when shipped).
- This model features four different speed settings and an energy-saving LED.
- The Vornado allows for pre-set configurations, and can be timed to go off and function at intervals of 1, 2, 4, and 8 hours.
What’s So Great About The Vornado 184?
An immediate pro that stands out about this model is the cost. As for the unit itself, the Vornado 184’s fan and slot design allow for the kind of airflow mentioned above. There’s also something to be said for the unapologetically-cylindrical design of the model. It does look a bit big, yes, but at the same time it does have a hint of a, in my opinion, futuristic look to it. The Vornado 184 is also an efficient unit in terms of energy, so if you’re looking to cut back on your electricity bill, this one might be worth a look.
What’s Not So Great About The Vornado 184?
Using the highest setting in a closed and especially quiet environment can seem a touch loud.
Is This A Great Purchase?
So long as you don’t mind a little bit of noise when the fan is going full blast, this is a great buy. Efficient and easy to use, the Vornado can help keep you cool for less.